The manufactory was established in 1710 under the patronage of Augustus the Strong, Elector of Saxony and King of Poland, in the Saxon town of Meissen, fifteen miles northwest of Dresden, Germany. It has been in continuous operation ever since.
Currently, more than 175,000 items are produced annually from a library of around 200,000 different forms dating back to the early eighteenth century. Meissen's porcelain decorators have 3000 patterns to select from. Meissen guantees life-time availability and the supreme quality of the product.